Lake Maggiore is a very appreciated tourist destination, thanks to the flair of its main touristic towns, like Verbania, Baveno and Stresa, where you can at best reach the beautiful Borromean Islands.
- The majestic palaces and luxurious gardens of the Isola Bella and Madre, both belonging to the Borromean Family, will enchant you, just like in the past they enchanted many famous people, like for example Napoleon Bonaparte.
- On the Fischer Island you can taste lake fish and other speciality from the region, you can also buy some souvenirs for your holiday at lake Maggiore.
- The botanic gardens Villa Taranto, situated in Verbania Pallanza, represent a real botanic patrimony, thanks to the variety of plants and flowers coming from all parts of the world.
- In order to admire the amazing panoramic view from the top, we suggest you to reach the top of the Mottarone mountain (1491m) by the cableway starting from Carciano di Stresa. From the top you will also be able to get a wonderful view on the 7 surrounding lakes!
- In Stresa a visit of the botanic park Villa Pallavicino is always worth. In the park of the Villa, recently gained by the Borromean family, you will meet a lot of animal species walking free! !
- A stay at Lake Maggiore gives you also the possibility to explore the near mountains situated in the Ossola Valleys and in the National Park Val Grande, the biggest wilderness area in Italy!